Battleboxes: Are they worth it?

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm looking at Adam's battleboxes, and I'm not sure whether they're worth it. Have any of y'all gotten any, and what were they like?

Leemcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t gotten one myself, but know two people who have and seen them in person.
Yes they are very much worth it

OP
OP
CCauthers

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it better to get a small number of frags or a large number?

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder the same. But every thread here that mentions Adam and his battle boxes give them a GLOWING review and are SUPER HAPPY. My next big sps purchase will be a battle box

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have loved every one I ordered. You get so much value for the cost, compared to other sites. Really frags too- nothing 1/4" like you see from other vendors haha.

In general, I preferred the "large number" of frags battleboxes more. But that depends on whether you are looking for really exotic stuff, or just healthy, colorful acropora.

I posted like 2 feedback threads in the battlebox forum I believe, with photos of the packages.

OP
OP
CCauthers

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have loved every one I ordered. You get so much value for the cost, compared to other sites. Really frags too- nothing 1/4" haha.

In general, I liked the "large number" of frag battleboxes more. But that depends on whether you are looking for really exotic stuff, or just healthy, colorful acropora.
Judging by this, I'm guessing that he gives you more than what the box is actually worth?

Leemcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I can’t say. Depends on your comfort level. From what I’ve heard they are great people and easy to deal with, I’d say shoot them an email and talk to them. I’m sure they can put you at ease and help you out.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging by this, I'm guessing that he gives you more than what the box is actually worth?

"Worth" is an arbitrary term- is that compared to buying from other vendors? If so yes, I believe every package Ive received is worth much more than I paid for.

Here are the exact photos of 4 packs I received, primarily buying the least expensive option with the most frags (I think 3/4 times I did that, if I recall correctly). Note that I am TERRIBLE at taking photos :). If you average the price, it comes out to about $35-45 shipped per frag, which is an really great deal IMO.

Adam is also really nice in that he will take a general order request even with these non-wysiwyg packs, if you are looking for a type of acropora. For example one time I mentioned that my favorite acopora was Millipora, and I received three or four of them in the pack.

Smaller, less colorful frags can be 2-3x the price from other vendors.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 11.43.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 11.43.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 11.43.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 11.44.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 11.43.58 AM.png

Last edited:

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten a Battlebox. The value level vs acropora corals of similar quality is excellent. The quality, size and health of the frags is very good. I would say that as a guesstimate the Battlebox gives you at least twice the buying power that you would get from Battlecorals if you select corals and buy at list. Adam will ask you what kind of corals you want and he tries to meet it. You do lose the choice but if you are stocking a tank, it is a great way to go. I mean if money is not limited and you want specific things, then pick em yourself.

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% worth it. He really listens to your preference. With my last order, I sent him pics of my tank and par values for my open spots.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back