BC WASP NEST! FINALLY A DECENT SHOOT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So the good news is, I Finally (capital F) set up a new studio tank for taking colony shots, which means I'm gonna be doing a lot more of that. So, I'm just kind of getting things going here. Still tweaking the lighting and such, but it's probably the most capable studio I've had since the basement days. (where most of my site pics were taken). Been a while. If you caught the Battle of the Adams podcast a few weeks ago, you may heard me moan about my whole picture taking thing. Feel free to have a listen if you're interested.

Anyway,

I threw this table in there, and it looks pretty darn good.

Long overdue, here is my Wasp Nest Table. Like many others I've had it for ages now and sent out hordes frags in battleboxes over the years. Just an awesome oddball. The yellow coloration on this one is alway where my eyes go immediately when I step in front of the tank. Never really seen anything quite like it.

Wish I was a tad more patient and let all the polyps come out, but what are you gonna do? In short. I love stuff like this!

wasptest-2.jpg

wasptest.jpg

wasptest-3.jpg

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
* goes to battlecorals.com to snoop around again for another box in the near future *

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the good news is, I Finally (capital F) set up a new studio tank for taking colony shots, which means I'm gonna be doing a lot more of that. So, I'm just kind of getting things going here. Still tweaking the lighting and such, but it's probably the most capable studio I've had since the basement days. (where most of my site pics were taken). Been a while. If you caught the Battle of the Adams podcast a few weeks ago, you may heard me moan about my whole picture taking thing. Feel free to have a listen if you're interested.

Anyway,

I threw this table in there, and it looks pretty darn good.

Long overdue, here is my Wasp Nest Table. Like many others I've had it for ages now and sent out hordes frags in battleboxes over the years. Just an awesome oddball. The yellow coloration on this one is alway where my eyes go immediately when I step in front of the tank. Never really seen anything quite like it.

Wish I was a tad more patient and let all the polyps come out, but what are you gonna do? In short. I love stuff like this!

wasptest-2.jpg

wasptest.jpg

wasptest-3.jpg
That is one awesome looking coral

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love the coral! Also love that the egg crate is white and not smurffed colored!
right you are! and thanks!!

Decided to leave it in there last night and re-shot this morning with the polyps out.

looks way better with the red-meaty contrast

Untitled.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is such a nice coral ,,,I was moving some rock work around today and moved my wasp nest. It was not normally directly under the light and man when I move it the blues and reds REALLY came out. Man its a beauty.
Honestly I had actually forgot where I had set it and I was all done moving things and was like man dang thats a nice looking coral what the heck is that and then I was like oh man thats the wasp nest :p It looked so different being under the light. I mena it just glowed !!!

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 121 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back