Beer fridge maintenance

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm feeling pretty good about myself and just thought I'd share. I FINALLY got around to defrosting my old beer fridge. I can now proudly say that I can fit more than one package of mysis in the freezer!
Fridge 1.jpg
Fridge 2.jpg

Should have taken a before picture. I know I should defrost more often, but to be honest I get a little nervous every time I unplug it that it won't come back on. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to start brewing your own and turn that into a kegerator.

Not sure the old fridge could handle a keg. She's kind of like an old friend. And I REALLY don't need to start making my own beer!

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm feeling pretty good about myself and just thought I'd share. I FINALLY got around to defrosting my old beer fridge. I can now proudly say that I can fit more than one package of mysis in the freezer!
Fridge 1.jpg
Fridge 2.jpg

Should have taken a before picture. I know I should defrost more often, but to be honest I get a little nervous every time I unplug it that it won't come back on. :rolleyes:
Awesome! That's an oldie, you may wanna put a kill-a-watt on that, I've heard these old ones are so inefficient that it would pay to buy a new one for the energy savings.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, im on a keto diet for 3 weeks now. That looks so dang good!

I wanna get into brewing, whats the best place to learn?
If you can boil water you can make beer. Beer wants to be made! Homebrewtalk.com is a good place to start. Start up cost can be a little expensive but nothing compared to reefing. A big pot, a cooler, and some way to control fermentation temperature is about all you need to get started.

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! That's an oldie, you may wanna put a kill-a-watt on that, I've heard these old ones are so inefficient that it would pay to buy a new one for the energy savings.
It came with the house about 10 years ago. All original parts and still purrs like a (slightly asthmatic) kitten. Eventually she will give up the ghost and have to be replaced, but until then I guess she's earned her stay.

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
morebeer.com will change your life.
Just think, for about $20-$30 you can have 5 gallons of yummy beer!
If you can boil water you can make beer. Beer wants to be made! Homebrewtalk.com is a good place to start. Start up cost can be a little expensive but nothing compared to reefing. A big pot, a cooler, and some way to control fermentation temperature is about all you need to get started.
This all sounds so good!! One question: Can all of this be done in the garage which is where I'll have to live if I try to get the idea past my better (and more responsible) half?

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all sounds so good!! One question: Can all of this be done in the garage which is where I'll have to live if I try to get the idea past my better (and more responsible) half?
I don't see why not, at that point your best bet would probably be brewing over a giant bon fire though. Right on the front lawn is best ;)

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It came with the house about 10 years ago. All original parts and still purrs like a (slightly asthmatic) kitten. Eventually she will give up the ghost and have to be replaced, but until then I guess she's earned her stay.

When it finally goes consider converting it to a smoker! My wife's uncle has made couple of em using those "vintage" fridges.

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it finally goes consider converting it to a smoker! My wife's uncle has made couple of em using those "vintage" fridges.
BRILLIANT!! I would never have thought of that.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back