Before and after pictures. What are your thoughts?

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Flaming Baughtti ,, oh wow ,, well I just got a taught a lesson :)

I see frags that Reefers sell in the " For Sale Section " or that Vendors will sell on their sites ,, of these higher end Chalices ,, Chalices that when you see a nice mother colony picture ,, will have four or more colors in them ,, but the frags being offered for sell ,, like the frag you bought ,, will be predominately one color ,, maybe a tad of one of the other colors ,, maybe even missing one or more of the colors that the frag should have in it ,, to be considered a nice representation of that type of Chalice ,,

When I see these type of frags ,, I automatically go to thinking ,, why would anyone even think about buying this frag ,, even at a discounted rate because of the missing colors ,, I have always heard :) that those missing colors " may " show up down the road ,, I have always felt ,, even at the discounted rate ,, I wouldn't risk my money buying one of these frags ,, if I am going to spend my money buying a Flaming Baughtti ,, I want the frag to have all the colors in it ,, I don't want a Flaming Baughtti that is pretty much all blue or all one of the other colors ,, the point here is ,, I would have never bought the frag that you did :) goes to show how wrong I would have been ,, your frag has turned into a awesome piece ,, the best part about it for you :) it turned into a very nice frag in such a short amount of time ,,

I am not sure ,, even knowing what I know now after seeing your frag :) that I would spend my money buying that frag ,, but at least I won't be so quick to judge the seller of these ,, what I consider to be ,, less desirable frags ,,,

I have a frag of this Chalice in my tank ,,, bet I paid a ton more for it than you did yours :( I should have bought the cheaper one :)

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. I don’t know much about lux but I do have an apogee par meter. At peak those frags get about 110-120 par.

I have a Chalice only tank ordered from Miracles Aquariums ,, and have the same Par Meter that you do ,, I was going to shoot for a peak of 185 Par in that tank ,, maybe I should think about lowering that number ,, Cherry Corals told me that they hit a peak Par of 150 with very little white LED light going into that that tank ,, They have several Chalice tanks ,, but only a couple that are running Radions over them ,, which is what I will be using over my tank ,,

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back