• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

OG CC Acanthastreas and snipers acanthastrea for sale

Item Price
1680 includes shipping
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

snipersps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PRICE IS 1300 INCLUDING SHIPPING

Ok guys it's that time to take advantage of these og acans and my snipers

I finally cut them after so many years so don't let this opportunity pass you guys to get some nice frags
I know you guys will say it's expensive but all these corals are rare
I guarantee that they arrive alone
I doesn't matter if it was fedexs fault
If you have Any questions feel free to ask
You will get one polyp of each one
The pictures are of the mother colonies and are not for sale
Price is 1300 included shipping

PRICE IS FIXED (made a mistake on the price) at beginning

PRICE 1300

OG CC SKITTLES
Screenshot_20240205_110410_Instagram.jpg

OG CC NEPTUNE CROWN
Screenshot_20240205_110247_Instagram.jpg

OG CC YUKY PERFEC 10
Screenshot_20240205_104533_Instagram.jpg

OG CC RESURRECTION
Screenshot_20231202_125548_Instagram.jpg

SNIPERSPS RED HALO
Screenshot_20231202_123208_Instagram.jpg

SNIPERSPS RAIMBOW SHERBERT
20231126_135028.jpg

OG DRAGON SKING
1000005849.jpg

HG MICROMUSSA Screenshot_20240205_110410_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• 20231227_160225.mp4
    51.1 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
snipersps

snipersps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. They don't change colors I think they get better coloration I have them since 2011

mboley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for you comment

These here are for true collectors who know how difficult it is to get these acanthastrea cherry corals
These acans are in the market since more than 13 years
No offense. There's a store in San Diego that has tons of these exotic Acans. I was just there. $200 for 8 or 9 head small colony.

fluffynemo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No offense. There's a store in San Diego that has tons of these exotic Acans. I was just there. $200 for 8 or 9 head small colony.
For the folks that keep commenting about the price. Please just stop. Acans that are aqua cultured for over a decade and sourced from the legendary cherry corals are special and highly coveted. Yes, you can buy some amazing acans that are farmed from the ocean, but after one generation, their colors and patterns change drastically.

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Respectfully, I think it’s important to make a fun analogy you might laugh at in the future, but let’s say you’re a fan of expensive paintings. You’re looking at a particular oil painting that is beautiful and you would love to buy it, but it’s crazy expensive. No one would fault you for buying a cool looking framed poster because that’s what we all do. Very few of us can afford it or have the proper setting for it. But the oil painting is an original Picasso. The guy selling the Acans is like a Picasso and those Acans are some of his best work. That doesn’t mean you should value them more or change your opinion at all. It’s just that a lot of us have been fans of his more than 20 years and the story of him getting into the hobby as a shared interest with his son and family, and their impressive reef tank inspired many people like myself to reach for that level. The tank had plenty of top shelf SPS, but his LPS were even more desired. The Limited Editions he introduced to the hobby were a significant influence on how the hobby/culture functions today. Except the Old School legends never had the nerve or the greed to charge $800 for an Acro frag. So when a Hall of Famer is selling some autographed game worn shoes and jerseys, they deserve the asking price for the number of people they brought into the hobby and making a lot of other people a whole lot of money for a very long time.

Last edited:

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0E18736A-4B53-4232-AC8F-106C6C35091E.jpeg
Anyone everseen this Monti? Maybe you got a frag, grew it out and sold a couple frags yourself?
This is the guy. Maybe you have admired the Pink Lemonade Acro? @acroslayer This is the guy.
5A11843E-13EC-43B0-AC8E-F38A832AC06A.jpeg

You wanna know who set the standard for Chalice and put them at the top of everyone’s list for the past 20 years? This is the guy. The one with the “obsurd” prices.
F9072F88-2EDA-4B32-A7DB-7A8E5D03725B.jpeg

I’ve had my Red Watermelon for 16 or 17 years. It’s hard to say how much this piece, in my eyes influenced the hobby and the search for new fire by coral divers, exporters, importers/wholesalers, LFS, professional aquarists and hobbyists. It set a new expectation for color in an LPS coral.

mboley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0E18736A-4B53-4232-AC8F-106C6C35091E.jpeg
Anyone everseen this Monti? Maybe you got a frag, grew it out and sold a couple frags yourself?
This is the guy. Maybe you have admired the Pink Lemonade Acro? @acroslayer This is the guy.
5A11843E-13EC-43B0-AC8E-F38A832AC06A.jpeg

You wanna know who set the standard for Chalice and put them at the top of everyone’s list for the past 20 years? This is the guy. The one with the “obsurd” prices.
F9072F88-2EDA-4B32-A7DB-7A8E5D03725B.jpeg

I’ve had my Red Watermelon for 16 or 17 years. It’s hard to say how much this piece, in my eyes influenced the hobby and the search for new fire by coral divers, exporters, importers/wholesalers, LFS, professional aquarists and hobbyists. It set a new expectation for color in an LPS coral.
Wow, guess I touched a nerve. If you saw what's available at the store mentioned you'd say the same.
I've been around. TOTM May 98 Aquarium Frontiers. Bought most corals in that tank from Steve Tryee out of his house. Was on panel presenter on stage with Steve, Bob Fenner, and Charles Delbeck at Scripps that year too. Used to volunteer there too, Fernando is a friend. Been in and out of the hobby since 94. So in summary, I'm qualified.

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, guess I touched a nerve. If you saw what's available at the store mentioned you'd say the same.
I've been around. TOTM May 98 Aquarium Frontiers. Bought most corals in that tank from Steve Tryee out of his house. Was on panel presenter on stage with Steve, Bob Fenner, and Charles Delbeck at Scripps that year too. Used to volunteer there too, Fernando is a friend. Been in and out of the hobby since 94. So in summary, I'm qualified.
[/QUOTE
In what way do you think you “you touched a nerve” sir? It reads like you are a bit embarrassed and trying to frame my response as some kind of overreaction. I tried to be respectful. I never claimed that you were not qualified for anything. You seem a little insecure to try and throw some “old glory” credentials and your misspelled name drop of Charles Delbeek at me. And the word absurd starts with an A, not an O because that’s “obsurd”. It seems clear that you really want to be respected for your past “volunteer” work or whatever time you were “in and out” of the hobby, whatever that means. Maybe I missed “’mboley” Mania back in the 90’s when you set the hobby on fire with those amazing corals that won you TOTM that are still in hobby today. Please send a complete list of them! I’m sure you had a great tank and you’re maybe a better Reefer than speller, but as the people say these days, “Pics or it didn’t happen”. Because I’ll take the Pepsi Challenge against you any old day of the week. We can go picture for picture with my work and I bet I can touch a lot of your nerves and hurt your feelings too. Because in this hobby and life, if you want respect, you gotta???
Exactly.

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, you guys are sensitive. Sorry I hurt your feelings.
Don’t be sorry. Your words couldn’t mean less to me. Just put your pictures where your mouth is and show us your Nano Reef with all those “exotic” Acans that are so affordable and what’s the name of that store? I’m sure they know how famous you are for being Fernando’s friend and put your picture on the wall. I remember the Neptune’s Crown for sale here because I paid $100 for a single polyp from Cherry. You have no idea. Must have been out of the hobby at that time. So, go ahead and show us your BioCube with green mushrooms and Bryopsis. Remember this though, corals talk and BS runs a marathon. Now go home and get your shine box.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back