Beginner LPS recommends and questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter PotatoPig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
1,466
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly against my better judgment I’m considering expanding my soft corals (cloves, Zoas, GSP, Xenia… real hard stuff to keep alive ) into adding a few LPS to add some of the more vivid colors.

So, for this, are there any fairly “low demand” - I’m kinda new to corals in general so taking the difficulty curve slowly.

Also, question: from reading a few descriptions of LPS I notice a lot of them recommend to locate near the base of the tank, but I see people with full LPS tanks. Are there any specific rules where these types of corals should go or is this more dependent on how any given tank is set up?
 
Try pipe organ, frogspawn, hammer, Duncan. I find that as long as you have some sort of reasonable light intensity they will be fine at any height in your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new