Beginner Tank Fish Guide (Overstocking Concerns)

  • Thread starter Thread starter CB37
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CB37

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’ve started a new marine tank which is an aqua one mini reef 90 (90L), and have added a wave maker. The tank is a couple months old and my plan is to finish setting up all of my corals first so I won’t get any fish for a while. I’m worried I’m looking at too many fish for the size. My ideal stocking would be; 1x Yellow clown goby, 1x Decora goby, 1x Red Hawkfish, 1x Blue sapphire damselfish, 1x tail spot blenny. Any advice on compatibility, between fish, with this setup or potential worries would be greatly appreciated :)
 
I agree about the Hawk fish they are bullies I'm trying to get one out of my tank.
 
4th one to suggest no on the hawk. I also would say be cautious with the damsel. They can be very territorial and cause aggression issues for your other fish.
 
I agree I would say no for the hawkfish and for the damsel as well. I would try to keep it to 3, maybe 4 fish at most. My 40 gallon has 5 fish, so you are trying to fit the same amount of fish as I have but your tank is half the size.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new