Ben's Red Sea Reefer Nano Build

No System

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

New to the forum. I've created this thread to document my progress in setting up my new Red Sea Reefer Nano.

The tank was ordered 3/4/19 from Live Aquaria. Waiting on a shipment confirmation.

For lighting I've decided on a Kessil A360WE to give me flexibility down the line on what I decide to add to the tank. I picked up a used one last night on eBay.

I'm thinking I will add a Kessil H80 to the sump and create a refugium. Also considering whether or not to add a skimmer. I'm planning on adding Zoas and have read they prefer "dirtier" water, so I'm not sure whether or not adding a skimmer will be ideal.
 
Welcome to R2R! A tank that size does not require a skimmer, but I would keep up on water changes.
 
!!! Welcome to R2R !!! Following your build >>>
 
Used the gift certificate and rewards earned from my tank purchase and ordered 40# of CaribSea South Seas Base Rock & 20# of CaribSea Arag Alive Special Grade Sand. Should give me plenty of rock to build a scape with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new