Berghia for aiptasia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Angelos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Angelos

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Location
greece
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to you all.
I have a 100 gallon tank that has a lot of aiptasia, on the rocks and on the sandbed.
I purchased some berghia nudis and have them in a separate system for them to populate, they have laid 3 clusters of eggs!
So the question is, will they eat the aiptasia off the sandbed, and will they get eaten by something in my tank!?
Stock list:hippo tang
2 ocellaris
1 mandarin goby
1 midas blenny
1 cleaner shrimp
1 coral banded shrimp
1 pepermint shrimp
 
Hello to you all.
I have a 100 gallon tank that has a lot of aiptasia, on the rocks and on the sandbed.
I purchased some berghia nudis and have them in a separate system for them to populate, they have laid 3 clusters of eggs!
So the question is, will they eat the aiptasia off the sandbed, and will they get eaten by something in my tank!?
Stock list:hippo tang
2 ocellaris
1 mandarin goby
1 midas blenny
1 cleaner shrimp
1 coral banded shrimp
1 pepermint shrimp
There’s no problem with your stocking list, the Berghia will be fine. I never had aptasia on the sand but they took care of the ones on the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new