Berghia nudibranch

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

I use to snow ski up near you. The Blue Mountains, but that was 40 years ago!!o_O

Spyderturbo007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on my second round of Berghia. They didn't get all the Aiptasia last time and within a month or two they were back with a vengeance. I'm all but convinced they are unable to be completely eradicated. I'm afraid I'm going to have a $100/month Berghia bill.

I hope you have better luck than I did because I've tried everything humanly possible short of tearing down the tank completely.

OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on my second round of Berghia. They didn't get all the Aiptasia last time and within a month or two they were back with a vengeance. I'm all but convinced they are unable to be completely eradicated. I'm afraid I'm going to have a $100/month Berghia bill.

I hope you have better luck than I did because I've tried everything humanly possible short of tearing down the tank completely.
I hear you, I thought the 2 I bought were dead, then voila there were 3... now I've seen 2 more and more aipstatia gone, so hopefully the peppermint shrimp I bought because I thought the Berghia nudibranchs died, don't eat them and hopefully they all bust their arses and kill all the aipstatia. I saw 1 of the shrimp kill 2 aipstatia. So things are looking up...but slowly lol

NinjaTiLL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw one of mine working it's magic last night after not seeing it since addition (about a week or so). I added 3 but only see the one. I thought they were supposed to hunt in packs. I hope all 3 are doing well. Next month my matted filefish (aiptasia-eating) will join the party after passing a 30-day copper quarantine.

OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw one of mine working it's magic last night after not seeing it since addition (about a week or so). I added 3 but only see the one. I thought they were supposed to hunt in packs. I hope all 3 are doing well. Next month my matted filefish (aiptasia-eating) will join the party after passing a 30-day copper quarantine.
How was the Matted Filefish in quarantine? Did it work for apstatia removal?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back