Berghia nudibranch

Nice!

I use to snow ski up near you. The Blue Mountains, but that was 40 years ago!!o_O
 
I'm on my second round of Berghia. They didn't get all the Aiptasia last time and within a month or two they were back with a vengeance. I'm all but convinced they are unable to be completely eradicated. I'm afraid I'm going to have a $100/month Berghia bill.

I hope you have better luck than I did because I've tried everything humanly possible short of tearing down the tank completely.
 
I'm on my second round of Berghia. They didn't get all the Aiptasia last time and within a month or two they were back with a vengeance. I'm all but convinced they are unable to be completely eradicated. I'm afraid I'm going to have a $100/month Berghia bill.

I hope you have better luck than I did because I've tried everything humanly possible short of tearing down the tank completely.
I hear you, I thought the 2 I bought were dead, then voila there were 3... now I've seen 2 more and more aipstatia gone, so hopefully the peppermint shrimp I bought because I thought the Berghia nudibranchs died, don't eat them and hopefully they all bust their arses and kill all the aipstatia. I saw 1 of the shrimp kill 2 aipstatia. So things are looking up...but slowly lol
 
Just saw one of mine working it's magic last night after not seeing it since addition (about a week or so). I added 3 but only see the one. I thought they were supposed to hunt in packs. I hope all 3 are doing well. Next month my matted filefish (aiptasia-eating) will join the party after passing a 30-day copper quarantine.
 
Just saw one of mine working it's magic last night after not seeing it since addition (about a week or so). I added 3 but only see the one. I thought they were supposed to hunt in packs. I hope all 3 are doing well. Next month my matted filefish (aiptasia-eating) will join the party after passing a 30-day copper quarantine.
How was the Matted Filefish in quarantine? Did it work for apstatia removal?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new