Berghia vs. Wrasses

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,727
Reaction score
80,861
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have luck keeping berghia alive in a tank with wrasses, or are they just toast?

My wrasses:
Blue star leopard wrasse
Yellow wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus)
2x Pink Streak wrasses

Second question: I have very very few aiptasia, but they are in impossible to reach places, so bio-methods seem most likely to help rid the problem. How long would 3 berghia last in a tank with maybe 5-10 aiptasia before being at risk of starving, assuming they survive the wrasses? I can rehome them quickly, I'm sure, but I'd want them to finish the job first.

Peppermints not gonna happen. Seen too many mutilated tasty corals for that.

Tanks is a 40g, so CBB also not an option. Thanks!
 
I’ve added nudis and they’ve taken care of my aptasia for the moment. But they come back later and luckily not with a vengeance. I got tired of paying for them so now I use hydrogen peroxide. Was recommended to me and tried for the first time the other day and it worked. Luckily they are not close to corals so it hasn’t affected them.
 
Anyone have luck keeping berghia alive in a tank with wrasses, or are they just toast?

My wrasses:
Blue star leopard wrasse
Yellow wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus)
2x Pink Streak wrasses

Second question: I have very very few aiptasia, but they are in impossible to reach places, so bio-methods seem most likely to help rid the problem. How long would 3 berghia last in a tank with maybe 5-10 aiptasia before being at risk of starving, assuming they survive the wrasses? I can rehome them quickly, I'm sure, but I'd want them to finish the job first.

Peppermints not gonna happen. Seen too many mutilated tasty corals for that.

Tanks is a 40g, so CBB also not an option. Thanks!
I have used nudies with a blue star and others with no problems.

But, the hole in your plan is nudies don't work well when you only have a few aptaisia. They won't find the aptaisia before they starve. They hunt in packs going from one to the next. If they have to travel far they might not find the next meal.
 
I have used nudies with a blue star and others with no problems.

But, the hole in your plan is nudies don't work well when you only have a few aptaisia. They won't find the aptaisia before they starve. They hunt in packs going from one to the next. If they have to travel far they might not find the next meal.
Yes, I think they are gone now. There was only one small aip to my knowledge that they missed up in the corner of the tank on a gyre. I blasted it with boiling water. Hopefully they got all the unreachable ones.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new