Wrasse and Berghia nudibranch

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maho.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maho.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
398
Reaction score
214
Location
Minnetonka, MN.
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have added Berghia to my tank 3 different times, 5 at a time, and the aptasia do not seem to be slowing down. I always add them at night when lights are off. Does anyone know if the Wrasse Pseudocheilinops ataenia (pink streaked cryptic) or a geometric pygmy hawkfish would eat the Berghia?
 
Lots of things eat nudibranchs when they find them. Wrasses and hawkfishes are both likely predators of nudibranchs and Peppermint shrimps. Maybe try a Kleine's Butterfly or Copperband Butterfly?
 
Hi all, I have added Berghia to my tank 3 different times, 5 at a time, and the aptasia do not seem to be slowing down. I always add them at night when lights are off. Does anyone know if the Wrasse Pseudocheilinops ataenia (pink streaked cryptic) or a geometric pygmy hawkfish would eat the Berghia?
How long has it been since you added them?
 
I've read that copperband butterfly work well, I'm just hoping to add a fish that gets that large to the system, was hopeful the Berghia would work. I added the three batches of them over the last several months, basically 5 nudibranch (at the same time) once a month.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new