Berghia with Skunk Cleaner and Fire Shrimp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tft12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tft12

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2017
Messages
512
Reaction score
461
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that Berghia tend to be eaten by Peppermint Shrimp. I don't have any Peppermint Shrimp but I have 3 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis) and 2 Fire Shrimp (Lysmata debelius). Are these likely to cause trouble for a Berghia population?
 
IMO I wouldn’t do it
 
I have both in my tank and the Berghia were still able to eradicate the Aptasia in 3 months time. Since Peppermint eat the Aptasia it would make sense that they would also eat the Berghia. Instead of the shrimp I was more concerned of some of my fish in the tank eating the Berghia. Put a total of 16 Berghia in my tank and saw a few of them a week later but never again after that, the Aptasia was gone within 3 months.
 
Thanks. That’s what I was hoping to hear.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new