Berghias Vanished

  • Thread starter Thread starter DHill6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DHill6

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
1,696
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added 6 very small Berghia, all vanished without a trace. Next I added 8 high flow smaller size berghia, again vanished but ate one astapia. I just ordered one xtra large and 3 large berghia hopefully they won’t vanish. Rock is all Tonga branch, holes for them to crawl into. BB tank, I searched under everything and no Berghia. They’re not in the sump, no crabs or shrimp in tank. One clown, one court jester , one Mandarin and Trochius snails. The rock was dry before it was used in tank. Any ideas where these guys went?
 
They are good at hiding, ime, and seem to be tasty to hunting fish (Mandarin looking happier or fatter? )
 
totally unrelated, but my lettuce nudibranchs are good at blending in. perhaps your berghias are the same. try to poke around during lights out
 
I had the same thing happen. I bought two orders and only one aiptasia disappeared. I read on R2R that small brittle stars eat the berghia and I have a lot of them.
 
Order #3 arrived. Larger sized berghia. After acclimating I placed 4 of them in area of astapia, 2-3” away from them. They all went away from the astapia. One hour after they were set free in tank I still saw them. Now I don’t see any, I don’t have brittle stars, worms. I don’t get it. Three were .75” and one was XXL.
 
I use a red flashlight to check during pm hours.
 
They are very good at hiding as others said. I keep 7 in a small lunchmeat tupperware container and at times have trouble finding them all even though I only keep a few frags in there at a time!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new