Best 180g Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter redsea01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
No i put it start on the tank, out of frustration i decided to give it a vinegar bath tbis past weekend for 24 hours and it still the same, i spoke with marine depot they tell me to give it time
 
A lot of people love their curve 9's around me... but for me I had to go overkill just in case I ever upgrade or get a bigger bio-load so I went with a reef octopus regal 250sss for my 180g build.
 
I thought about reef octopus as well , i have used bubble magnus with great results in the past
 
No i put it start on the tank, out of frustration i decided to give it a vinegar bath tbis past weekend for 24 hours and it still the same, i spoke with marine depot they tell me to give it time
I trust Marine Depot, I'd follow their lead for now, myself.

But... if it doesn't kick in over the long haul, don't let Marine Depot off the hook.

Remember:
"The squeaky wheel always get's the grease"
 
I've been running a Lifereef now for 10 or 12 years on my 90 and it's great. Setting up a 125 and would like to get one but they are expensive . Made to last a life time. I haven't adjusted it in years and only take it out of the sump for cleaning every 3 or 4 years.
 
No i put it start on the tank, out of frustration i decided to give it a vinegar bath tbis past weekend for 24 hours and it still the same, i spoke with marine depot they tell me to give it time

When I set up my reef with mostly dry rock it took forever to start skimming. Just not enough bio load.
 
my Cones-1 started pulling skimmate after 3-4 days I believe. But since I don't have fish in the tank right now, the skimmate is not that dark like you would have with heavy bio-loads.
The only think I am not happy about is the collection cup design: the neck is too close to the cup wall and it is very hard to get a brush and do a through cleaning. It doesn't impact the performance but it's a pain in the butt to look at dirty spots even after cleaning.... Maybe I am just a little OCD...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new