best all around bio-pellet

  • Thread starter Thread starter riche
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
438
Location
Metro Detroit
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm going to set up a bio-pellet reactor and wanted to get some opinions on the best all around bio pellet.

I'm looking for something to do a little bit of everything

Right now I'm using carbon and Phoguard and I'm still having a algae issue.

I was going to run Gfo also, but I have talked to a few people and they said a bio-pellet reactor is the better all in one.

Its a Mixed reef very light bio load as for now.

I dont want to get into the you should do this rather then this and you need this over this.

I have decided on a bio-pellet reactor, so I just need first hand opinions as to what people have had success with.
 
It is my understanding that there are only two different biodegradable polymers used in manufacturing biopellets. It simply is a carbon source to promote the growth of bacteria. I'd venture to say that bacteria do not have a discriminating palate, and could care less. However, I will state that the various manufacturers will tell you that theirs is the best. I use BRS pellets and my bacteria are delighted.
 
Last edited:
I'm happy with ecobak plus. I'm running around NSW phosphates and nitrates with no other reducers aside from skimming.
 
agreed, I use ecobak plus and no longer have any issues , I still run gfo in a sock every other month
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new