Best aquarium controller in the UK

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I wanted ones with optical switches, which would I use?

Any particular reason you want optical sensors? With the GHL Dosers you just fill your container up with xxx ML type it into the container volume that the doser head is pulling from. And the Doser keeps track of what's been dosed so you'll know when it's running low.

I bet you could purchase optical sensors for the GHL but I'm not 100% sure on that

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any particular reason you want optical sensors? With the GHL Dosers you just fill your container up with xxx ML type it into the container volume that the doser head is pulling from. And the Doser keeps track of what's been dosed so you'll know when it's running low.

I bet you could purchase optical sensors for the GHL but I'm not 100% sure on that
Correct. Ghl doser is one of the smartest dosers in the market. Through the doser itself you can track how much you dispensing and how much is left..

OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all things considered GHL seems the way to go in the UK.

The fact that it can monitor voltage of individual sockets and the Apex can’t, plus the fact that all the components seem far more affordable.

The big question for me is the ease of use of the KH Director and Ion Director versus the Neptune Trident. That remains to be seen.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The fact that it can monitor voltage of individual sockets and the Apex can’t, plus the fact that all the components seem far more affordable.

The big question for me is the ease of use of the KH Director and Ion Director versus the Neptune Trident. That remains to be seen.
Nowdays all testers ate easy to use.

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you mentioned simplicity, try eKoral controller. They have an integrated doser too. My build below has the details. Happy with mine, very intuitive.

Tomplatz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with GHL. Didnt feel Apex was fully committed to Europe.
20190503_210143.jpg

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fisherman Joe

You can use any doser container you wish, the GHL P4 will monitor the amount within the container virtually up to 30,000Ml and provide warning indications when it becomes low P4 will blink yellow and alert you blink red when critical or empty and if you have notifications set up email you or text you.

OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at that pic above. Why would you use the two head dosers from GHL?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ease of use is going to be favouring the Trident. That's it's best advantage on the market, it's rather simplistic to setup and get running. To keep it running long-term remains to be seen, but there is more to the setup of the KHD than the Trident.

I can't speak to once it's running and dialled in, but numerous others here can.

OP
OP
Fisherman Joe

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning on having a small fresh water tank and then plumbing up the RO unit to this directly. I will need to pipe up the sink that’s in the room next door. What’s the best pump for this you think?

Tomplatz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add, I think its brilliant that GHL and Apex seem to be neck and neck because this will always benefit the consumer as they try to dominate the market or keep market share. Sometimes your final choice can boil down to do you prefer orange or blue and whichever colour you go for isnt going to end up in disaster. I went for blue

Back