Best Aquarium Lights

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys I need to get a light for my 92 gallon aquarium is a reef aquarium , what are you suggestions regarding lights, that will help corals grow and reproduce with out been to harsh on the rest of it like fishes and other corals I have a mixture of soft corals and also planing to get another blue clam. By the way I will like to find like a bar style my tank is a corner tank

lkc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marie,
Go to BRStv and check out their videos on various lighting products. Right now Kessil is really hot as well as radion. Both are pendants and I know you want a bar. Still Bulk reef supply has great videos on all things reef. If you don't want to spend that much money, consider a black box LED pendant. That's what I started out with ten years ago and and $99 or less each, it's a great controllable product. Here's my first reef using two of them. You can get them on eBay or Aliexpress. I just got a new one with full spectrum, fully controllable and with moonlight. But I am looking at Kessil now because I'm getting a new IM 50 Lagoon today.
09a-IMG_6242-1.jpg
018-Acro_FTS-IMG_6315.jpg

OP
OP
Marie7

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys I need to get a light for my 92 gallon aquarium is a reef aquarium , what are you suggestions regarding lights, that will help corals grow and reproduce with out been to harsh on the rest of it like fishes and other corals I have a mixture of soft corals and also planing to get another blue clam. By the way I will like to find like a bar style my tank is a corner tank
Thank you, I definitely will look into it, I have a 300.00 budget for that purpose... Thanks

lkc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I definitely will look into it, I have a 300.00 budget for that purpose... Thanks
Kessil is about $349
Radion is about $840

Also, try and support your local fish store. They can get everything that's online and maybe even better prices. They need the business. Good luck!
L

OP
OP
Marie7

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil is about $349
Radion is about $840

Also, try and support your local fish store. They can get everything that's online and maybe even better prices. They need the business. Good luck!
L
Agree but when they become greedy I definitely move into where I can save, and I have seen this a lot

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 6.7%
Back