Best ato to use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scooter24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
IMO, the Tunze is louder than most of the others. I used one for a year and then I upgraded to a Spectrapure litermeter 3 which did my water changes and ATO as well. It was so quiet and I liked it so much that on my latest build I used Spectrapure's ATO. It's about the same price as the Tunze.
 
Well I have been using the same float for over 7 years.
the design is simple. I would not suggest a ato method if it wasn't proven
 
4d4382247300c3aebda046f3f164b74c.jpg

$5.00 gravity fed
 
I really dug around and tried to find what was the best ATO after my JBJ dumped all my water on the floor. It was terrible. Anyway the tunze really stands out. The sensor it uses is far and away the best one on the market. (Don't take my word, I found that on another site from a mechanical engineer that really knew his stuff). I have mine hooked to their switched socket and I don't run their pump.
 
Nothing compares to the Spectrapure UPLC-II for reliability and levels of safety. It iseasily adjustable anywhere between 1/10" and 4" level change and you can adjust the fill rate in 10% steps. I wouldn't use anything else after having one for over 7 years now.
 
Just purchased the Aquasmart ato. O boy something to play with this weekend
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new