Best auto feeder for coral

DriftN201

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to auto feed corals for a mixed reef? I currently feed reef roids, lps pellets and amino acids but I am up for ideas. Will need to feed for up to a month while away. No fish in the tank and a auto water changer installed.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amino acids id use dosing pump. idk how it lasts unrefrigerated tho.

lps pellets id just get an auto feeder

reef roids maybe doser with a stir bar?

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amino acids id use dosing pump. idk how it lasts unrefrigerated tho.

lps pellets id just get an auto feeder

reef roids maybe doser with a stir bar?
I just add reef roids to my autofeeder and it just eventually gets into the water column via a feeding ring.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know that there is such a thing, not for target-feeding. You'll get some really fat amphipods just scattering food willy-nilly into the tank, particularly the pellets.

Are you able to have someone come over and feed them? Having someone else feed things can be iffy, but "put this amount of food on these corals (circled in this photograph) once a week" is pretty simple.

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I'd been wondering about Frozen Food Auto Feeders for a while but I've only ever seen a kick-starter fund for something of that nature by inD Creations called the aF⁴ "Auto Frozen Fish Food Feeder" which never came to fruition.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to auto feed corals for a mixed reef? I currently feed reef roids, lps pellets and amino acids but I am up for ideas. Will need to feed for up to a month while away. No fish in the tank and a auto water changer installed.

fish (poop) are there best coral auto feeders

:p

Eheim auto feeder gets the job done but test it a bunch to make sure you got the door set right and then tape the door just to make sure it can’t move. I would probably not set it to every day. More every few days. Better safe then sorry when away.

gill7784

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hight recommend the Avast Marine Plank. It is leaps and bounds better than any other auto feeder I've used. Additionally, their customer support is second to none.

SDReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to auto feed corals for a mixed reef? I currently feed reef roids, lps pellets and amino acids but I am up for ideas. Will need to feed for up to a month while away. No fish in the tank and a auto water changer
I stopped using reef roids bc of the nitrate and phosphates it causes but

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was pondering the same thing, and then I remembered that there're some fancy peridoser pumps that can be programmed to reverse flow keeping the tubes free of unrefrigerated foods if you were to plumb some aquarium foods from something like a Milk Fridge but they're also good for a dedicated auto-feeding system for a reef. It's just I can never figure out which peridoser or brand has the functionality, not that I think it's too important considering it will always be cycling the food in the tubes anyway and suppose they won't go unrefrigerated for long, and will atleast in the beginning be regrigerated. But yeah it was a planned upgrade I had because automation is really beautiful to me. Just a milk fridge, dosing setup and I'd be happy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back