Best berghia nudibranch vendor?

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm getting tired of constantly trying to kill the aiptasia in my tank and want to get some berghia nudibranch to solve the problem once and for all before it gets out of hand. Anyone have a recommendation for a good vendor? Bonus if they are located in the mid west.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend Salty Underground... and bonus they're located in the Midwest ;)

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure you don’t have any fish that eat them, I had a Mandarin Goby that I hadn’t seen in 6+ months come out and have a very expensive meal.

OP
OP
Tonycass12

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure you don’t have any fish that eat them, I had a Mandarin Goby that I hadn’t seen in 6+ months come out and have a very expensive meal.
Thanks yeah only thing in my tank I think may be an issue is my hawk fish. He takes a hermit a week rn but won't bother the snails. The rest of my fish are clowns, chromis and a 6line. Ill have to do a little bit more digging to see if ill need to move them to a holding tank until the issue clears up.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a couple $9 peppermint shrimp from my lfs first and the very first night they were in the tank, they ate every single aiptasia that was in the tank... haven't seen a single aiptasia since that night. And so far.... the shrimp haven't messed with anything else in the tank, so at this point, I might just keep them around now that they have proven to be efficient aiptasia eaters.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarin eats berghia? Well I guess I shouldn’t go there.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarin eats berghia? Well I guess I shouldn’t go there.
Fish sleep at night, berghia hunts. I’ll take my chance. Mandarin has slot of tisbe to keep him busy.

OP
OP
Tonycass12

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up going with reef town. Things at salty underground seemed much more backed up. I still ended up having to wait an extra week for them to ship due to shortages but got 6 of them in yesterday in great shape. Everything settled right into the rocks and disappeared. Fingers crossed I will wake up to that no more aiptasia in the tank realization in another month or two.

Attachments

• 20210909_130838.jpg
    20210909_130838.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 35

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up going with reef town. Things at salty underground seemed much more backed up. I still ended up having to wait an extra week for them to ship due to shortages but got 6 of them in yesterday in great shape. Everything settled right into the rocks and disappeared. Fingers crossed I will wake up to that no more aiptasia in the tank realization in another month or two.
I purchased through salty underground, I kept in touch with them. Arrival this week

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered from both over the years. I’ve had good luck each time with both vendors. For me it only depends who has the sale or cheapest at the time in need.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order for other critters with ReefCleaners and noticed they stock Berghia now and seemed inexpensive. I have always had good luck with peppermint shrimp while i can keep them alive - made the calculated mistake of adding a childhood favorite spotted hawkfish - bye bye peppermints

now if i could find a natural predator for Xenia

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back