Best CArx setup with p4 and kh director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody wanna spend time schooling me on how to set it up and how it works with p4 and kh director auto adjust. Trying to wrap my head around it. I'm ordering a kamoer feed pump. And having a co2 reg built for me with electronic sol. I have a ph probe I'll change my redox port too. I don't care for redox anymore. But trying to wrap my head around how kh with test and auto adjust my co2 or whatever it will do. I'm kind of nervous to set it up I'd hate for a huge swing or mishap

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the KHD and Calcium reactor, the KHD will fine tune your set pH value for the probe sitting in the reactor. The extent of this adjustment is determined by the test result and settings you enter. The manual goes into more detail and provides examples of how these adjustments are calculated.

The first step would be to setup normal calcium reactor control using the link @Ditto provided. Depending on the size of the media, some pH levels are more suitable than others. Reach out to the manufacturer for their recommendation. Once you've stabilized your KH as best as possible, you can have the KHD make adjustments for you.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also when changing redox to ph is there a break in time. I changed it to ph. Calibrated it with 7 and 9 fluids. And put it in my tank to make sure it's accurate. I also took out my ph probe I been using. Cleaned it and calibrated it with same fluid. Put them side by side in sump and my aquarium one is reading normal 8.5s. And my newly calibrated ph probe that used to be a redox is way off. And I calibrated it like 5 times and seems to be way off. Is there something I'm not doing?

Also since this will be used in my carx. Would it be a good idea to calibrate it with the kh ph fluids. 4 and 7?? Since it will be like 6.65ish????

Also while running the reactor and purging air. No co2 yet. Just cycling water with my kamoer at 140ml/minute. Ph is reading low. Wouldn't it be matching the tank? It's 7.5 in reactor. And 8.4 reading on my sump ph probe

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the ph probe in a reactor settings. Specifically the setting of signal filter.
See page 61 of the P4 Programming Guide.
Should I calibrate my ph probe for carx with ghl 7.0 and 9.0 fluids. Or should I use the kh 4.0 and 7.0ph fluids. I'd link the 4 & 7 would be best since ph will be under 7
Since the average pH inside a calcium reactor chamber will be lower than your standard pH in the display, use pH4 and pH7.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For ph setting of a carx. The settings the hysteresis minimum allowed in profilux 4 is .05???
Yes.
Any smaller and you'll risk burning out your PB socket due to the constant ON/OFF switching from such a tiny hysteresis. The manual explains how the hysteresis plays a role in determining the ON/OFF switching point.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.
Any smaller and you'll risk burning out your PB socket due to the constant ON/OFF switching from such a tiny hysteresis. The manual explains how the hysteresis plays a role in determining the ON/OFF switching point.
copy... right now i got it at 6.60-6.61 doesnt move.. just gotta get my tank to stabilize as its not dialed in yet lol...

Back