Best cheap power head for 125!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Heres_doe_
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2021
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
642
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's the best power head for a 125. Setting up 125 and saving for 2 mp40 but for now need something low costing that'll work great still and last just 1 year and I'm ok with that. Nothing crazy bulky.
 
Yes jaebao seem to work great for me and are relatively cheap, make sure you buy from wholesaler/ someone who stocks as some fake (online stores,eBay especially) sell fake, you can see in my power cord size difference, left was from eBay, right from swell (UK)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20220802_175355.jpg
    IMG_20220802_175355.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 38
Uniclife it will give you a 1 inch wave side to side . Had mine for one and ahalf years still going strong. Need to clean it!
 
Hydor for me, they come complete, no extra guards to buy. The Combination Magnet/Suction cup, is Genius. Last forever, and if they do fail, just replace the impeller. Only drawback, is it hard to take the power head apart, I usually give up and clean with a brush and spray from hose nozzle.
 
What's the best power head for a 125. Setting up 125 and saving for 2 mp40 but for now need something low costing that'll work great still and last just 1 year and I'm ok with that. Nothing crazy bulky.
You get what you paid for! Get Tunze Stream and forget about it. My buddy has his for 5 years and still running like new.
I am running (2) Maxspect XF350 but recently added a Tunze Stream 3 to add more random flows as I am collecting more SPS. The Tunze is very low maintenance compare to the Gyres need to be cleaned every 4-6 weeks.
 
You get what you paid for! Get Tunze Stream and forget about it. My buddy has his for 5 years and still running like new.
I am running (2) Maxspect XF350 but recently added a Tunze Stream 3 to add more random flows as I am collecting more SPS. The Tunze is very low maintenance compare to the Gyres need to be cleaned every 4-6 weeks.
Exactly why i said I'll be upgrading those. I don't want to drop about $700 right now on wave makers as I've dropped a nice amount already
 
1 year, low cost, Jebao comes to mind. Get a gyre for best water movement, or just power head(s) for lowest cost options.
Jeabo cross flow amazing
 
Exactly why i said I'll be upgrading those. I don't want to drop about $700 right now on wave makers as I've dropped a nice amount already
Understood!
My point is might as well buy the right ones and not wasting more on junks.
I have anything from VorTech, Hyder, Jebao, Tunze, Maxspect, etc... and ended wasting money instead of getting the right one up fronts.
I know $700 is a lot of of money but relatively cheap compared to everything else (I spent over $6k on livestock and still not done yet)
 
Understood!
My point is might as well buy the right ones and not wasting more on junks.
I have anything from VorTech, Hyder, Jebao, Tunze, Maxspect, etc... and ended wasting money instead of getting the right one up fronts.
I know $700 is a lot of of money but relatively cheap compared to everything else (I spent over $6k on livestock and still not done yet)
I have a 35 gallon running rn apex,trident,dos,mp10 and currently getting cor20. Just grabbed a 125 and got deals on everything so far. But $700 can wait I'll use the wave makers and slowly put in what i need i just want to get the tank running for now with what i have I'm down to the last couple things
 
I have a 35 gallon running rn apex,trident,dos,mp10 and currently getting cor20. Just grabbed a 125 and got deals on everything so far. But $700 can wait I'll use the wave makers and slowly put in what i need i just want to get the tank running for now with what i have I'm down to the last couple things
Funny...I also upgraded from a 34gal Biocube (after 9 years). Similarly, I got a great deal on a used Red Sea S400. Like you, money was tight so I got all Jebao pumps/Wave Makers. They worked OK but I upgraded after a years and wished I did it right up front and save $400-$500>
 
My hydor magnet on the inside rusted so bad the power head just falls off.i payed 280 dollers for it now it is junk. But this uniclife is a best . It is a dc power head it has 4 modes and a dial to ajust your wave. And you can ajust your flow. Not bad for 70 bucks.
 
Ps if you have sand do not get the 3400 it will turn your tank into a cyclone of sand 2 of the smaller ones would be better.
 
Funny...I also upgraded from a 34gal Biocube (after 9 years). Similarly, I got a great deal on a used Red Sea S400. Like you, money was tight so I got all Jebao pumps/Wave Makers. They worked OK but I upgraded after a years and wished I did it right up front and save $400-$500>
It's only been a year with my 35 lol tanks way too small now.
PXL_20220721_023121555.jpg

Ps if you have sand do not get the 3400 it will turn your tank into a cyclone of sand 2 of the smaller ones would be better.
What size
 
Amazon the 3400 is 74 dollars the smaller 2100 ate 64 dollars I have the 3400 it is a monster .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new