Best Corals with Regal Angel

jknorr23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone. I'm looking to convert my FOWLR to a reef tank as I upgrade systems. The issue is, I have a Red Sea Regal Angel which I know will make an expensive snack of many corals. I've had the fish for years and won't get rid of him, instead I just want to make coral selections that give me the best chance of success. What corals have you had success keeping with Regals? Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My regal is young. So far she has no interest in Gonis, Duncan or SPS frags. She likes to kill snails so I think that clams are out of the picture. It is her tank so I will accept whatever she leaves alone.

OP
OP
J

jknorr23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My regal is young. So far she has no interest in Gonis, Duncan or SPS frags. She likes to kill snails so I think that clams are out of the picture. It is her tank so I will accept whatever she leaves alone.
Thanks for the info. I'd love if mine would allow some gonis. I'm going to go primarily SPS, but I'd like to be able to mix in some other corals for a little movement. Specifically Gonis and Euphyllia. I was assuming acans and zoas will disappear quickly and I'm ok eliminating those if needed.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal are generally safe with SPS and most LPS in my experience. They will mow down zoas however. Can’t really speak of softies unfortunately as I don’t keep any.

cpbartak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Everyone. I'm looking to convert my FOWLR to a reef tank as I upgrade systems. The issue is, I have a Red Sea Regal Angel which I know will make an expensive snack of many corals. I've had the fish for years and won't get rid of him, instead I just want to make coral selections that give me the best chance of success. What corals have you had success keeping with Regals? Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

I'd recommend you watch this Austin Lefevre video, very informative:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 69 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back