Best dosing products

Theresa Loveless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello im looking to purchase bulk alk cal and mag and for the best total cost lol . Let me know what you use . i posted a picture from BRS i hope its ok that i use it for intended use of example only of what im looking for? Thank you and happy reefing

Screenshot_20181110-225946_Chrome.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the Alibaba search engine and you can get this stuff cheap on there.
The only issue is that you have to buy it by the metric ton to get the big price breaks.
Anybody else buy this stuff online?

OP
OP
T

Theresa Loveless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol we would have to get a few members to buy a ton together any other source of this stuff ? Im just wanting some to make a few gallons at a time

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I use ESV B-Ionic as it is the only 2 part that includes major and minor elements in the mix.

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price is pretty much a wash for me. BRS charges state sales tax (10% here) and Marine Depot doesn't do so yet.
That's odd! BRS doesn't charge me sales tax but MD does. I've dealt with both companies and either way you go between the two you can go wrong. Hey save a penny where you can because the next needed item will gladly take it lol

OP
OP
T

Theresa Loveless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's odd! BRS doesn't charge me sales tax but MD does. I've dealt with both companies and either way you go between the two you can go wrong. Hey save a penny where you can because the next needed item will gladly take it lol
Judf curious what i should buy what set ? The product says cal alk but no mag or am i reading this article wrong as you tell im not new to reefing but to dosing im new just want to make sure im getting what i need ?

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your welcome! As @rkpetersen posted compare BRS links I shared and MD he shared for price, shipping, and possibly tax to insure you get the best price. This way you have more coral money lol

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using the 'mix your own' AquaForrest products over a year ago, & very happy.
Its a balling method, calcium, alkalinity, magnesium & the non sodium chloride salts (reef mineral salts) to maintain the ionic balance, plus trace elements.
Tha calcium powder can be bought in a 30 oz (850g) or 141 oz (4,000g) tubs.
The reef mineral salts in 28 oz (800g) & 176 oz (5,000g) tubs ... HOW REEF MINERAL SALT WORKS?
The Mag in 26.5 oz (750g) & 141 oz tubs

I just buy off the shelf food grade soodium bi-carbonate. You can roast it to make carbonate if thats what you prefer.

A.F. also has the Components Strong trace elements you add to the various mixes.
Components_strong.png

Bottle them up & use a doser.

OP
OP
T

Theresa Loveless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using the 'mix your own' AquaForrest products over a year ago, & very happy.
Its a balling method, calcium, alkalinity, magnesium & the non sodium chloride salts (reef mineral salts) to maintain the ionic balance, plus trace elements.
The reef mineral salts in 28 oz (800g) & 176 oz (5,000g) tubs ... HOW REEF MINERAL SALT WORKS?

I just buy off the shelf food grade soodium bi-carbonate. You can roast it to make carbonate if thats what you prefer.

A.F. also has the Components Strong trace elements you add to the various mixes.
Components_strong.png

This looks like a great product about how much does this product make in gallons lets say with the smaller bottles im looking to make or have at least 5 gallons on hand if possible? If not there about . I did check the site but didn't show any prices about how much is this cost wise ? I do think this product is what im looking for as far as bulk do you have strong and fast growth with this product please let me know as i have only been able to grow some zoas at a slow rate and the hard corals i am new to so dont know how to get them to grow thx so much for your help.

OP
OP
T

Theresa Loveless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Components_strong.png

Also i can't seem to find us distributor its only giving me eu and other countries

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like a great product about how much does this product make in gallons lets say with the smaller bottles im looking to make or have at least 5 gallons on hand if possible? If not there about . I did check the site but didn't show any prices about how much is this cost wise ? I do think this product is what im looking for as far as bulk do you have strong and fast growth with this product please let me know as i have only been able to grow some zoas at a slow rate and the hard corals i am new to so dont know how to get them to grow thx so much for your help.

The calcium in the 141 oz (4,000g) tub will make up 80 litres (21 US gal)
100 ml of Calcium solution raises the calcium level in 100 litres of water by 17.5 mg/l (ppm).

The reef mineral salts in the 176 oz (5,000g) tub will make up 200 litres ( (52gal)

You add equal amounts of both. ie, if you dose 100ml calcium solution/day you dose 100ml of reef salts/day.

You could buy their KH buffer if you want, or off the shelf bi carbonate soda. Just mix it up to their recommendations - 80 g of KH Buffer in 1000 ml RODI water, & add in equal parts as well.

The magnesium is added to either the reef salts or the calcium solution & the trace elements are liquid & they are added to the solutions.

I’m in Australia & can’t help you with prices.

Growth; this is just one key in the puzzle of coral growth. Light – filtration are all important. Control & keep the elements stable will help, its not magic.

With Stoney corals, the first achievement is to have them alive & looking healthy.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back