Best epoxy that sticks to acrylic?

Zoe’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to make a water tight seal from acrylic to plastic. The bond will not hold any weight, rather it will be creating a seal so it's important that it sticks to both the plastic and acrylic. Does anyone have any reef-safe brand suggestions? Thank you in advance!

I'm currently think J-B Weld 8272 MarineWeld Marine Epoxy, but not sure if that is the right choice.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the other plastic? Since its not structural you'll probably be fine, but there may be a more appropriate solvent between two plastics.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely not PVC, it's a return nozzle. My guess is just cheap 'plastic', sorry that's the best I can give you!

Its hard to tell if its not stamped and you don't want to be destructive (burning, scraping, etc), but going to guess ABS since it and PVC are the primary plastics used in injection molded parts.

Thickened acrylic cement will bond to it (the "#16 weld-on" type), but the epoxy is a good choice as well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Weldon or 2-part marine epoxy

OP
OP
Zoe’s Reef

Zoe’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to tell if its not stamped and you don't want to be destructive (burning, scraping, etc), but going to guess ABS since it and PVC are the primary plastics used in injection molded parts.

Thickened acrylic cement will bond to it (the "#16 weld-on" type), but the epoxy is a good choice as well.
Thank you!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%

Back