best fish for a 40 gallon tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter JakeShu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JakeShu

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
87
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the best fish to have in a 40 gallon tank without them being to packed into the tank?
 
There are plenty of fish that would work for a 40g. Liopropoma basslets, chalk bass, grammas, firefish, dartfish, flame and longnose hawks, and many types of blennies and gobies.
 
Also, yellow assessor, flasher wrasse and possum wrasse :)
 
You need a canary wrasse (also called yellow coris wrasse but terrible name because its not a coris at all lol) but youll need some sand or a container of sand if you do :) I love my little guy! And I adore my midas blenny too. Not sure how it would work with more fish-those are the only 2 I have in there.
 
In my 32 cube I have a pair of clowns, a pygmy/cherub angel, and a YWG/ pistol pair. They pretty much cover the water column from sand to surface....
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new