Best food routine for clown fish

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone !:) Yesterday I bought a black and white clownfish from someone who close down his reef tank and he told me that his fish would eat anything. I fed him PE mysis shrimp pellets yesterday after acclimating him and he ate it very gladly. I was wondering if I needed to buy other types of food soon to vary his feedings.
So here are my questions :
- What type of foods / brand is most loved by your clownfishes?
- What weekly feeding routine would you do.for feeding a single clown in 10 gal. ? (Im scared of overfeeding)

Thanks in advance !
Heres the new fishie in my 10 gallons :) Sorry for the quality haha he kept moving.

AirBrush_20180620093013.jpg

AirBrush_20180620093059.jpg

Brett newell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed strictly just hikari frozen foods to my tank. Usually mysis in the afternoon and spiraluna brine at night.

Brett newell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy the cubes but one cube would be way too much for 1 clown. Maybe get the sheet version and just break off a small amount 1 or 2 times a day. You going to add another clown?

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! I dont think....I've heard that when mixing 2 different morphs , there's a chance that one of the two clowns kill the other.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! I dont think....I've heard that when mixing 2 different morphs , there's a chance that one of the two clowns kill the other.

Possible, but unlikely, I have a bullet hole and black and white snowflake and they get along lovingly. Just make sure that you're not adding a clown of the same size. As long as they are both the same type of clown they should get along just fine.
20180613_175135.jpg

BTW I feed mine a mix of hakari frozen mysis, brine and spirulina (1/4 cube of each) as well as fauna marin ultra soft clown pellet food twice a day. They love them all but to be honest it's really a fish to fish thing, every fish is different.

OP
OP
Lily Lemire

Lily Lemire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh thanks for all the tips !! I will buy some spirulina frozen cubes very soon

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 173 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.0%
Back