Best Hardy Fish for New Hobbyists

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
619
Reaction score
571
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a list of some of my favorite hearty fish for beginners. Whether you're just starting or have been in the hobby for a while I think these are always great for reef tanks.

Royal Gramma (Gramma loreto)
Red or Purple Firefish (Nemateleotris decora, Nemateleotris magnifica)
Lawnmower Blenny (Salarias fasciatus)
Bicolor Blenny (Ecsenius bicolor)
Ocellaris/Percula Clownfish (Amphripion Percula/Ocellaris)
Talbot's damsel (Chrysiptera talboti)
Yellowtail Blue Damsel (Chrysiptera parasema)
Purple Stripe Dottyback (Pictichromis diadema)
Yellow Watchman Shrimpgoby (Cryptocentrus cinctus)
Red Cap Goby (Elacatinus puncticulatus)
Saltwater Molly (Poecilia latipinna)

This obviously isn't all of them but I feel like most of these are great for first saltwater fish owners.
 
This is a list of some of my favorite hearty fish for beginners. Whether you're just starting or have been in the hobby for a while I think these are always great for reef tanks.

Royal Gramma (Gramma loreto)
Red or Purple Firefish (Nemateleotris decora, Nemateleotris magnifica)
Lawnmower Blenny (Salarias fasciatus)
Bicolor Blenny (Ecsenius bicolor)
Ocellaris/Percula Clownfish (Amphripion Percula/Ocellaris)
Talbot's damsel (Chrysiptera talboti)
Yellowtail Blue Damsel (Chrysiptera parasema)
Purple Stripe Dottyback (Pictichromis diadema)
Yellow Watchman Shrimpgoby (Cryptocentrus cinctus)
Red Cap Goby (Elacatinus puncticulatus)
Saltwater Molly (Poecilia latipinna)

This obviously isn't all of them but I feel like most of these are great for first saltwater fish owners.
You inspired me to make a beginner list for corals! 🙏
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new