Best LED "bulb" for cube style tanks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paintguru
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
594
Reaction score
15
Location
New Hudson, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to change out my MH lighting on my 92 gallon cube (30x30x24) to LED lighting. It looks as if there are plenty of "spot light" style LED bulbs out there, vs. the fluorescent bulb footprint, for which my tank is too short to use. I assume the flood style would be best for my situation, but I am open to other ideas from folks out there. I really like LEDs and think they are the way to go for my particular system....I just don't want to buy 3 different versions while I search for one that actually works.
 
I have the 34 Gallon Solana and wanted to retro some LED's in place of the MH. Would I want the 40, 60, or 80 degree LED's and can you tell me why?
 
it depends on how far away the light is gonna be. the degree of the lense is just how far the light spreds out. 40 less 80 more
 
L.e.d

I too am in the market for LEDs I have a 36"x30"x48" are there any out there that will work on a 4 foot deep tank not trying to hyjack your thread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new