Best LED micro algae light

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the one with the color switches? What are the advantages?

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA...srs=14589301011&ie=UTF8&qid=1490672280&sr=8-6
I would probably go with that one.. My first unit(the 300) had no switches or dimmers(I was one of the first people to get one and it's been a while) .. I would go with that one of your looking to stay with the smaller wattage..

But mine is a bit different(the one I'm using now) .. It's one of the white units that vents the exhaust of our the sides. The advantage, is tailoring the color you want.. My unit, I think I have run the whites only once.. I only use the red and blue channels.. And right now, because I'm actually trying to slow my growth, only the blue..

BHHOWARD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably go with that one.. My first unit(the 300) had no switches or dimmers(I was one of the first people to get one and it's been a while) .. I would go with that one of your looking to stay with the smaller wattage..

But mine is a bit different(the one I'm using now) .. It's one of the white units that vents the exhaust of our the sides. The advantage, is tailoring the color you want.. My unit, I think I have run the whites only once.. I only use the red and blue channels.. And right now, because I'm actually trying to slow my growth, only the blue..

OK. it would be good to be able to run only blue and red - eliminate the white and save a small amount on electricity and also on heat. I don't see the 3 individual channels in the 300. I'm not sure the model I listed would help much, as there is no white control. There is a 450 with dimmers for RWB in the black version and also the white version....might have to consider the larger size.

thanks again

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. it would be good to be able to run only blue and red - eliminate the white and save a small amount on electricity and also on heat. I don't see the 3 individual channels in the 300. I'm not sure the model I listed would help much, as there is no white control. There is a 450 with dimmers for RWB in the black version and also the white version....might have to consider the larger size.

thanks again
Yes, that thought process is one that I follow with the 3 controls ..And, lately, I am testing with only blue to see if I can get a few frags to grow.. The funny thing is my cheato is still growing.. Not nearly as fast, as with the red on, but it still is growing..

But having the 3 controls ,if you can afford the difference, you will see the benefits.. And for stronger than the 300,i thought about that when i got the 600. And I'm glad I went with the larger unit.. But.. That growth, is almost explosive honestly.. And you are not going to see any algea in your display again.. And on top of that, depending on how long you run it, your pH might, just might (because mine does) be higher at night when the light is running, than in the day..

Back