Best light for frag tank

pachi_boi86

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
286
Reaction score
128
Location
Panorama City, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm going to set up a small frag tank much like the ones at fragswaps events but not sure of what kind of light to go with. Can anyone give me some suggestions, please?

I prefer T5 over metal halide but for such a small frag tank I don't think I can find one. Metal halide is the only other option but what should I go with, a 70W or 150W? I think 150W maybe too strong for this frag tank.

Tank dimensions are 12"x14"x8.75" (6.5 gallon)

I plan on having zoanthids and LPS in it though I may want to put some birdnests in there in the future. No sand or liverocks, just corals.

Any suggestion is much appreciated. :smile:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new