Best microscope to look at larvae?

  • Thread starter Thread starter afboundguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
828
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for suggestions on a microscope setup that I could check the fertility of larvae and also look at phytoplankton. I would prefer to stay under $100 but could go a little higher.

Also how are people viewing larvae? Is there a small container that is used? I've only ever used a microscope with the clear slides squished together.
 
https://a.co/d/198xGRo
This company makes a lot of nice ones. I have a model up from the one I linked, so it’s a little out of your budget. But the linked one would do a very good job and is 130$

I’ve bought cheaper ones around 80-100 and the smaller screen and weaker magnification didn’t cut it for my purposes (inspection sps / corals for super small hitchhikers)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new