Best online source for hermits in CUC

Bhor217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Hoping to get some suggestions on what you think the best online sources are for hermits. I am looking to buy 50, and was wondering if there is any difference between sources online. Thanks for help!

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered from reefcleaners for the first time. Couldn’t be happier. Everything arrived alive and is still alive. The hermits are awesome. Their packaging is excellent. Will definitely order again.

1C0B1B20-5BE3-46BB-8226-E34750E521A3.jpeg

A5AB6934-A71D-4430-9D25-32BEA3BBF2D7.jpeg

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always end up at LiveAquaria when shopping CUC. The pre-built and BYO always seem to have just what I need when I want it.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way can’t go wrong.

I will say last shipment I got from reefcleaners, John was great. First delivery all doa due to shipping side, not his. He made everything right and showed the concern you would wish all business owners had. I would go with him just because of his service and the fact he is a small business owner which makes it more personal.

ceruleanspiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last order from reef cleaners arrived hot. The ice pack and all the bags of water were hot to the touch. I took the box from the hands of the mailperson as I was watching out the window. USPS is a *terrible* way to ship live animals, especially in the summer, especially in the south. The mail trucks do not have a/c and mailpeople die from the heat regularly (which is a separate but also terrible issue). The inside of the mail trucks easily hit 120-140 degrees. I had both crabs and a chiton die. It was kind of a miracle that all of the snails did not die and my gracilara is fine.

I have had 2 shippers use USPS for coral after that shipment and I had the boxes held at my local post office for pick-up. Both were fine with the ice packs still cool (not frozen, but cool). The USPS website is trash and the normal way to hold packages hasn't worked since May (as of the end of July). I called my local office and they were nice enough to hold the boxes for me. I would love to try reef cleaners again (the options available are great and the reply from my issue was quick and professional), but I will definitely have the package held. I really think they should change their shipping method.

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All very strong points. ReefCleaners is a good vendor and extremely good customer service. I too learned not to order anything during the hot SE summer. I don't even do it if the vendor does use ice packs. I check the local weather through several cities through the route to make sure the temps stay around 50-60F. I've had very good results that way.

I'm not sure John's business is big enough to warrant the use of ice/heat packs. It would certainly increase our cost. I'd also like to see ALL vendors warm about Mg being high enough to kill snails. Just figured that one out the hard way. ;Sorry Once I get it resolved I will be going back to ReefCleaners when the weather here cools off.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My last order from reef cleaners arrived hot. The ice pack and all the bags of water were hot to the touch. I took the box from the hands of the mailperson as I was watching out the window. USPS is a *terrible* way to ship live animals, especially in the summer, especially in the south. The mail trucks do not have a/c and mailpeople die from the heat regularly (which is a separate but also terrible issue). The inside of the mail trucks easily hit 120-140 degrees. I had both crabs and a chiton die. It was kind of a miracle that all of the snails did not die and my gracilara is fine.

I have had 2 shippers use USPS for coral after that shipment and I had the boxes held at my local post office for pick-up. Both were fine with the ice packs still cool (not frozen, but cool). The USPS website is trash and the normal way to hold packages hasn't worked since May (as of the end of July). I called my local office and they were nice enough to hold the boxes for me. I would love to try reef cleaners again (the options available are great and the reply from my issue was quick and professional), but I will definitely have the package held. I really think they should change their shipping method.

You have a good local post office. I called mine recently to have a package held for pick up and they flat out refused to do it. I talked to the main supervisor and told him that I've done it many times before without issue and he said they no longer allow it to be done.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IPSF.com is another great option, I’ve ordered multiple times with no DOA.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back