Best Pest Eating Wrasse?

I like the Sixline but I've heard they can be aggressive, but mine clean my planaria problem up and keeping it down.
 
What are some of the pest wrasses deal with. I have a rubyhead currently. How easy will it mix with one of the ones mentioned here. I also have aiptasia in the frag tank and am considering adding a worker fish there. Trouble is I have a ton of pods that I'm going to add a pod hotel to try to harvest so don't want a fish that will consume them all. I know coral qt tanks should be fishless, but I'm using it more to get corals healthy and to watch them for pests before adding to display. It is a 40 gal AIO with lid. Thinking a wrasse might be good.
 
What are some of the pest wrasses deal with. I have a rubyhead currently. How easy will it mix with one of the ones mentioned here. I also have aiptasia in the frag tank and am considering adding a worker fish there. Trouble is I have a ton of pods that I'm going to add a pod hotel to try to harvest so don't want a fish that will consume them all. I know coral qt tanks should be fishless, but I'm using it more to get corals healthy and to watch them for pests before adding to display. It is a 40 gal AIO with lid. Thinking a wrasse might be good.
The rubyhead will mix with most of the wrasses mentioned so far, except those in the genus Pseudocheilinus, such as the sixline and mystery.

No wrasse will eat aiptasia.

Any wrasse that eats coral pests will also eat pods.
 
Okay, thanks. No wrasse in the coral tank! I have pods in the display, and plan to use the ones in the coral tank to supplement to the ones I cultivate.
 
Pink streak or a possum wrasse get my vote. Both are super chill and cool looking. The latter comes in a few color variations.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new