Best Pest Eating Wrasse?

Joshua Snyder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Sixline but I've heard they can be aggressive, but mine clean my planaria problem up and keeping it down.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some of the pest wrasses deal with. I have a rubyhead currently. How easy will it mix with one of the ones mentioned here. I also have aiptasia in the frag tank and am considering adding a worker fish there. Trouble is I have a ton of pods that I'm going to add a pod hotel to try to harvest so don't want a fish that will consume them all. I know coral qt tanks should be fishless, but I'm using it more to get corals healthy and to watch them for pests before adding to display. It is a 40 gal AIO with lid. Thinking a wrasse might be good.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some of the pest wrasses deal with. I have a rubyhead currently. How easy will it mix with one of the ones mentioned here. I also have aiptasia in the frag tank and am considering adding a worker fish there. Trouble is I have a ton of pods that I'm going to add a pod hotel to try to harvest so don't want a fish that will consume them all. I know coral qt tanks should be fishless, but I'm using it more to get corals healthy and to watch them for pests before adding to display. It is a 40 gal AIO with lid. Thinking a wrasse might be good.
The rubyhead will mix with most of the wrasses mentioned so far, except those in the genus Pseudocheilinus, such as the sixline and mystery.

No wrasse will eat aiptasia.

Any wrasse that eats coral pests will also eat pods.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, thanks. No wrasse in the coral tank! I have pods in the display, and plan to use the ones in the coral tank to supplement to the ones I cultivate.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back