Best Place to Buy Corals

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unique corals - great corals and people. I don’t want to get into details because I don’t know if they would do this for others but I will say they went above and beyond for me in a situation where they absolute didn’t have to. They didn’t do anything wrong. It was more of a favor, and they happily agreed to help me

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS and other people here have the best deals IMO. After that I am partial to aquaSD and unique cause they sell larger pieces. The other usual suspects have very nice corals but they are always more pricey and tiny.

drolmaeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS if possible. Only ever ordered coral online once. I ordered from Queen City Corals and was very happy with their process, packaging, shipping, and customer service. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Alveopora and goniopora can offer a sway alternative to euphyllia.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals.com is a little pricier but they often have sales and they are one of the only places left with plenty of large colonies

They have free shipping on orders over 200 also

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS if possible. Only ever ordered coral online once. I ordered from Queen City Corals and was very happy with their process, packaging, shipping, and customer service. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Alveopora and goniopora can offer a sway alternative to euphyllia.
Would you recommend one over the other?

drolmaeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you recommend one over the other?
I don't have enough personal experience to give you reliable advice. YouTube says gonis may be more difficult, I would say go with what draws your eye and give it your best shot. Both are beautiful species of coral.

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Online is cool and all, I’ve bought from tidal gardens but I agree with @shakacuz. Good idea to start tapping into your local community of reefers. You’ll find the best prices and deals, likely in garage frag tank, and it’s also a great way to start networking.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again,

I was looking at my tank and realized I have an obsession with corals that sway a lot, already have 3 hammers (attached some pics) so i’m thinking maybe not a torch and something that looks a bit different but still sways, any ideas are welcome!
What I would do is just to get a free Aiptasia hitchhiker. They grow fast and sway with the current and grow easily.
All parameters are steady:
temp: 78
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 8.0
alk: 8.5dkh
mag: 1350ppm
calcium: 420ppm
phos: .02ppm
nitrates: 20ppm
nitrites and ammonia: 0
And they can live in almost any parameters!

There’s a bunch of soft corals that also fit the criteria of swaying, but don’t let me sway you. Figure out what you have room for and we’ll help you find one.

That’s what people obsessed with reefs do. :cool:

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will tag along with everyone else and recommend both tidal gardens and coral.com.

If you are looking for torches, definitely check out coral.com. They run sales often and they even sometimes throw in a free coral with your order. I've bought a couple of torch packages from them that were on sale and was impressed by the quality and size.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the Boston area myself, and there are some great LFSs and coral farmers in the area. Nothing beats seeing things in person, no need to order online. Probably the best place for torches is Crazy Corals in Manchester NH.

You should check out Boston Reefers too.

But I also second what was said about Kung Fu Corals. I've been there, and the selection of torches is HUGE! I've never seen so much euphyllia in one place ever. Looks like enough to supply the entire country.

accidental_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I apologize if this isn’t the correct discussion to post this in but I am just wondering if anyone has had luck buying corals online and if so where you’ve had the best experience. I’m looking to get a nice torch coral.
Thanks in advance,
Elias
I like hellfire frags. Good prices and they have some nice torches for a good price

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the Boston area myself, and there are some great LFSs and coral farmers in the area. Nothing beats seeing things in person, no need to order online. Probably the best place for torches is Crazy Corals in Manchester NH.

You should check out Boston Reefers too.

But I also second what was said about Kung Fu Corals. I've been there, and the selection of torches is HUGE! I've never seen so much euphyllia in one place ever. Looks like enough to supply the entire country.
ayee a fellow local! I do love going and looking at local lfs, I was just curious about online vendors and how their prices compare.. If you haven't already been I really like going to Love The Reef, awesome corals just a bit far from where I live.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ayee a fellow local! I do love going and looking at local lfs, I was just curious about online vendors and how their prices compare.. If you haven't already been I really like going to Love The Reef, awesome corals just a bit far from where I live.
Yes I've been there many times. I've been everywhere within 75 miles of Boston, I think. Do you watch the marketplace items on Boston Reefers? Someone had a nice torch on sale there this week.

I believe On Point Corals in Woburn has a giant long tentacle torch, he might be willing to part with a head or two from it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back