Best Place to Buy Corals

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I apologize if this isn’t the correct discussion to post this in but I am just wondering if anyone has had luck buying corals online and if so where you’ve had the best experience. I’m looking to get a nice torch coral.
Thanks in advance,
Elias

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I apologize if this isn’t the correct discussion to post this in but I am just wondering if anyone has had luck buying corals online and if so where you’ve had the best experience. I’m looking to get a nice torch coral.
Thanks in advance,
Elias
Aqua SD, and Tidal Gardens are good. I've ordered from Aqua SD and it was good just MAKE SURE you dip everything, there were a few worms on something I got. No experience with Tidal Gardens but they have good prices and I know they are legit.

xWascallyWabbit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered several times online. In the beginning I tried top shelf and WWC. Happy with the orders. Packaging good so no complaints. However their prices are too high these days. Now I buy from Queen city corals (number 1 choice) Three orders so far, no issues, free frags, pictures are accurate, and frequent sales/good pricing. Check them out.

Jimbobalou622

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hi all,
Thanks in advance,
Elias
You might check out aquariums wholesale out of Kansas City. They have auctions on Facebook on Saturday nights

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking at the pink cotton candy torch on Tidal Gardens. Its 185$ if its still there.

I received three frags from them and observed them for anything odd. Three little stomatellas for free. Beautiful frags.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having bought from many vendors over the years I have pretty much settled on Unique corals because their frags are often double or triple the size versus other vendors, thus increasing the odds of survival long term. Have even received several 3 inch tall pieces advertised as frags.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Thanks in advance,
Elias
because you said Torch:

This is a LFS to me and I can't say that I have ever seen a better, more complete selection of LPS than what he had? He imports. I have not been there is awhile, but I would encourage you to enquire.

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because you said Torch:

This is a LFS to me and I can't say that I have ever seen a better, more complete selection of LPS than what he had? He imports. I have not been there is awhile, but I would encourage you to enquire.

Thank you I'll check them out!

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having bought from many vendors over the years I have pretty much settled on Unique corals because their frags are often double or triple the size versus other vendors, thus increasing the odds of survival long term. Have even received several 3 inch tall pieces advertised as frags.
Thank you, I'll check them out!

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered several times online. In the beginning I tried top shelf and WWC. Happy with the orders. Packaging good so no complaints. However their prices are too high these days. Now I buy from Queen city corals (number 1 choice) Three orders so far, no issues, free frags, pictures are accurate, and frequent sales/good pricing. Check them out.
Thanks so much!

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again,

I was looking at my tank and realized I have an obsession with corals that sway a lot, already have 3 hammers (attached some pics) so i’m thinking maybe not a torch and something that looks a bit different but still sways, any ideas are welcome! All parameters are steady:
temp: 78
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 8.0
alk: 8.5dkh
mag: 1350ppm
calcium: 420ppm
phos: .02ppm
nitrates: 20ppm
nitrites and ammonia: 0

all recommendations are greatly appreciated and thank you everyone for the suggestions for where to get corals!

Attachments

• IMG_3454.jpeg
    IMG_3454.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3453.jpeg
    IMG_3453.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3452.jpeg
    IMG_3452.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 14

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back