- Joined
- Oct 10, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- What state or country do you live in
- Other International
Hey guys, I’m looking for some advice on my Joker Torch (Euphyllia glabrescens).
I’ve had problems with tissue recession since September and suspected Euphyllia Eating Flatworms (EEFW). I found quite a few egg clusters on the skeleton, so I removed the coral from my display tank and put it into quarantine.
So far I have:
Removed the visible eggs manually several times
Dipped the Torch multiple times with NYOS Coral Dip, roughly one week apart
Sealed some exposed/problematic parts of the skeleton with coral glue
Kept it completely isolated under its own light
Used Fauna Marin RECON X 3 times to support tissue recovery
The positive part is that it still opens pretty well and the tissue actually seems to be growing back over parts of the skeleton/rim where it had previously receded.
However, some tentacles are now becoming very pale/white and almost transparent. They were noticeably browner before, so I’m wondering if this is bleaching/stress from the flatworms, repeated dips, moving the coral, or the different lighting.
I currently can’t clearly see any remaining flatworms, but obviously it’s difficult to know if there are still tiny ones or freshly hatched ones.
Just to clarify: I don’t have a separate quarantine tank. The Torch is isolated in the sump/technical compartment of the main system. It has its own NICREW Nano 8W blue/white LED clip light.
Does anyone here have experience recovering a Torch from EEFW?
I’d really appreciate any advice on what you would do from here — lighting, flow, feeding, recovery, quarantine, signs to watch for, or anything else that helped you save an affected Torch.

I’ve had problems with tissue recession since September and suspected Euphyllia Eating Flatworms (EEFW). I found quite a few egg clusters on the skeleton, so I removed the coral from my display tank and put it into quarantine.
So far I have:
Removed the visible eggs manually several times
Dipped the Torch multiple times with NYOS Coral Dip, roughly one week apart
Sealed some exposed/problematic parts of the skeleton with coral glue
Kept it completely isolated under its own light
Used Fauna Marin RECON X 3 times to support tissue recovery
The positive part is that it still opens pretty well and the tissue actually seems to be growing back over parts of the skeleton/rim where it had previously receded.
However, some tentacles are now becoming very pale/white and almost transparent. They were noticeably browner before, so I’m wondering if this is bleaching/stress from the flatworms, repeated dips, moving the coral, or the different lighting.
I currently can’t clearly see any remaining flatworms, but obviously it’s difficult to know if there are still tiny ones or freshly hatched ones.
Just to clarify: I don’t have a separate quarantine tank. The Torch is isolated in the sump/technical compartment of the main system. It has its own NICREW Nano 8W blue/white LED clip light.
Does anyone here have experience recovering a Torch from EEFW?
I’d really appreciate any advice on what you would do from here — lighting, flow, feeding, recovery, quarantine, signs to watch for, or anything else that helped you save an affected Torch.
