Micro Tonga Gold Torch.

  • Thread starter Thread starter glad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glad

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
18
Location
ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi to all, on June 11, 2021 I add a Micro Tonga Gold Torch and it was doing really well until a few days ago.
I noticed the torch was starting to recede for no apparent reason. So I decided to check it out when the lights were out and noticed little tiny reddish dots on the skeleton of the torch. Here’s a pic.
B64F55A0-DF60-42D1-A736-F3E272E94684.jpeg


As I keep looking I noticed
1BAB93BD-8013-42BD-9A7E-5725A927718B.jpeg
a family of Flatworms. I immediately removed the coral. using a toothbrush to remove the eggs, and a pair of tweezers to remove the family of flatworms, The coral looks like this now and it’s been a few days now.

(Just keep in mind the was taken while the lights are off )So now my question is this ,
Where the tissue has receded , As you all can see in the small video Will the Torch make a full recovery ❤️‍? What are the odds?
Any professional opinions are greatly appreciated.
cheers
 

Hi to all, on June 11, 2021 I add a Micro Tonga Gold Torch and it was doing really well until a few days ago.
I noticed the torch was starting to recede for no apparent reason. So I decided to check it out when the lights were out and noticed little tiny reddish dots on the skeleton of the torch. Here’s a pic.
B64F55A0-DF60-42D1-A736-F3E272E94684.jpeg


As I keep looking I noticed
1BAB93BD-8013-42BD-9A7E-5725A927718B.jpeg
a family of Flatworms. I immediately removed the coral. using a toothbrush to remove the eggs, and a pair of tweezers to remove the family of flatworms, The coral looks like this now and it’s been a few days now.

(Just keep in mind the was taken while the lights are off )So now my question is this ,
Where the tissue has receded , As you all can see in the small video Will the Torch make a full recovery ❤️‍? What are the odds?
Any professional opinions are greatly appreciated.
cheers
Correction, “ video “. The video was taken while the lights where out ….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new