Best place to buy large quantity of rock?

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all... trying to find best place to source rock for a new tank setup... I can't seem to find any on local boards. I am setting up a 150 gal so it will be quite a bit of rock

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your bio is Jacksonville, there are a couple good stores in that area? (Bio-Reef, Reeflections). Or consider Tampa Bay Saltwater? They seed dry rock in the bay and it comes out with all sorts of critters on it.
Starts getting expensive though I know.
I think theres also a Reef Club in South Georgia? Or the Atlanta Reef club (5 hour drive?) will occasionally post tank breakdowns and live rock for sale. Maybe expand your local search.
Not sure that helping but lets bump this up and maybe someone in your area will see it.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep looking as far as you are willing to drive - Charleston, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa? Craigslist and FB Marketplace have these things from time to time. The gulf live rock places might offer discount if you pick it up and buy in bulk - shipping is a major cost to them.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look for peopleselling their whole repegs as a setup and offer to buy the contents like the rocks/ corals fish etc Some people want to get rid of the livestock all in one shot and then they can piece off the hardware

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back