Rock with clove polyps for sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwdoworkdw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dwdoworkdw

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2023
Messages
71
Reaction score
20
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 3 year old established tank and I’m in process on cycling my new tank. I have a very large piece of live rock I want to place in my sump to cycle but it’s got quite a few clove polyps on it. Can I just put the rock in the sump upside down or what’s the best way without removing all the polyps with a razor blade etc. I’m not worried about the dying off and all I have is substrate and rock in the new tank currently.
 
Yeah knife and a good scrub should do it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new