Best program setting for Radion xr15 g4 for a mixed reef?

gizzo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a used Radion xr15 g4 and I am wondering if anyone has a great preset for a mixed reef tank. I plan on keeping mostly lps and softies but I would like to get a couple sps too.

Pongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using EcoSmart take a look at the Coral Lab preset for a starting point.
There is a sub menu for LPS+ I've had good success with.
I did modify it by dropping the red and green channels to zero.

OP
OP
gizzo12

gizzo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using EcoSmart take a look at the Coral Lab preset for a starting point.
There is a sub menu for LPS+ I've had good success with.
I did modify it by dropping the red and green channels to zero.
I’ll have to take a look! Is it really blue during the day or more a daylight color because I don’t like the look of it being extremely blue in the day.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just kick up the white until it suits your satisfaction . I have a mixed tank aswell but am lps and softy dominant with about five sps . I started with the lps settings , dropped red and greens to zero as well ,put the uv at 55% for five hours then dropped the whites down to 50 % kept all the blues at 100 % then dropped the overall power to 55% and it seems to not only keep a aesthetically looking tank but I experience growth as well especially with my softies and Lps . Sorry for jumping in late but if it helps someone it’s worth it . Keep in mind that what works for one may not work for another . The templates get you in the ball park but then you have to adjust to your likings .

Back