Best reef safe way to remove pepermint

BryanB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok 200 gallons and 200 lbs of rock so emptying is not an option. I made a trap and bought a blue throught trigger, any other thoughts? I have cought 4 of them just picking at more than one coral. And my christmas tree worms.

HaWrasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my peppermints were greedy little :censored:'s! they picked on my corals and stole the food from them whenever i would try to spot feed my corals. i was actually able to catch them just using a large net with some meaty food inside of it. i placed it near my rock and they would climb on to the net to feed, then i turned the net inside out and brought them to the surface or i used a second net to scoop them while they were eating. i also had success with the water bottle trap. my shrimp were very bold yours may not be as easy to catch. maybe reduce feedings or dont feed the tank for a day or two then try to catch them at night when they are hungry it worked for me. good luck!

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be some serious voltures for sure I had one rip my nems to shreds!
I used the bottle trap and it worked for one!
Then I eventually had to take my tank apart for the second one!
Some are as dumb as a box of rocks while others can be pretty sneaky! Good luck!
You could try a melanarus wrasse mine went right after my skunk cleaners the second he was introduced!

OP
OP
B

BryanB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottle trap 1 trigger fish 0
4 to go I hope the ***** of a tang will let the new sheriff do his job instead of herassing him all day

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back