best return pump for the money?

bob salzlein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
750gph through a 1" pipe... only up 4 feet. There was no restriction and it sounded the same running in a container. Even tore it down to make sure there was nothing in it.
Must of had a defect, what did you do with pump?

TurboDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently tried a Hydor Seltz and it had a VERY noticable and irritating whine noise to it. It stayed in the sump no more than long enough to get another pump in place and it was returned. Replaced it with a Simplicity DC pump that was much quieter and only has a pleasing Shhhhhhhh white noise to it, but I think a Jebao would be quieter than the SImplicity.

Here is a video of what my Hydor Seltz D sounds like, brand new out of the box:

Is this how your pump sounded?

New to the site and setting up my first saltwater tank. I will be starting another thread with a build log soon!

Dan

iko2thdk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im currently in the process of building a 75 reef. looking to stay under 200 for the return pump. on the high end im liking the maxspect jump return pumps. has anyone used them yet? on the cheaper end Ive seen decent reviews for the jebao dc return pumps. anyone have any recommendations for a good dc return pump under 200?
very happy w the jebao

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back