Best roller fleece?

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Title is pretty self explanatory. Im Looking at BRS right now and the ones they have don’t have great reviews. The Clarisea is double the cost of all the others. I don’t mind paying the extra money if it’s actually a better product. Any experience and feedback on the ones you have?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title is pretty self explanatory. Im Looking at BRS right now and the ones they have don’t have great reviews. The Clarisea is double the cost of all the others. I don’t mind paying the extra money if it’s actually a better product. Any experience and feedback on the ones you have?

Love my Clarisea. Haven't used any others so cant really attest to them.

Twoddler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the size of your tank, and the flow you want to push through the filter, I went with Bubble Magus ARF-1 Automatic Fleece Filter, works well, easy to plumb, and easy to change filter roll.

tomwlf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the clarisea sk3000 on my 75 gal that used to be on my 110. I also have the trigger 34 roller sump on my 120. I've found that the clarisea filter roll seems to be finer and seems to last longer per roll compared to the trigger. also much less problematic and easier to clean

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my klir.

- cheaper.
- well made.
- enclosed rolls dont smell.
- comes assembled
- old negative reviews have been addressed.

Cons:
- filter fleace needs to under water, not half or quarter out of water, etc.; u may need to run sump with higher water level. Make sure you check to see if sump is a match for klir. Or may need put in sump, witj add on, rather than just in sock holder.
- may need $10 remote sensor add on to maximize efficiency.

OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends on the size of your tank, and the flow you want to push through the filter, I went with Bubble Magus ARF-1 Automatic Fleece Filter, works well, easy to plumb, and easy to change filter roll.
Tank will be 76 gallon display. 25 gallon sump. It’s a new tank and there isn’t much info on the sump dimensions unfortunately. My main concern is ease of changing filter roll and not having water leak paste the filter as well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back