Best small post eating fish for a 39 gallon

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a bit of a flatworm out break in my 29 gallon reef, and I’d rather get a fish that will help take care of it than use flatworms exit and lose half of my coral. There are no fish in it currently, and I’m looking for a not too aggressive fish that can live in the tank forever, while eating the flatworms and pests. Some ideas I already have are a pink striped wrasse, an azure or yellow tail damsel, a possum wrasse, and possibly a six line wrasse. Anyone have ideas or information on the best fish for the job?
Thanks.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's going to be the only fish, a sixline is meant for this. 4 line is a close cousin that is beautiful and less common.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a bit of a flatworm out break in my 29 gallon reef, and I’d rather get a fish that will help take care of it than use flatworms exit and lose half of my coral. There are no fish in it currently, and I’m looking for a not too aggressive fish that can live in the tank forever, while eating the flatworms and pests. Some ideas I already have are a pink striped wrasse, an azure or yellow tail damsel, a possum wrasse, and possibly a six line wrasse. Anyone have ideas or information on the best fish for the job?
Thanks.
Seifert Flatworm eXit should not harm your corals - mine were all fine.

I followed this:

I did treatment again 2 weeks later and had many fewer. I never did 3rd treatment

Six line wrasse should be removed from options as it needs lots of swimming distance, unless you have a 29g cylindrical tank so it can go it circles without stopping. If your tank were larger/longer, then instead six line wrasse would be first choice.

OP
OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’ll do that method, and maybe I’ll add in a mandarin to whence I start up some live food cultures.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would not put a mandarin and any other pod-eating fish in a 40gal, unless you intend to dose hundreds (if not thousands) of copepods a day.

OP
OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does have a refugium and lots of live rock, and I will have the capacity to dose a ton of pods and white and grindal worms everyday, so I think that I would be okay, but if not, I would just give it to someone with a tank better suited for it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 104 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%

Back