Best sump skimmer for me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimSWreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JimSWreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2015
Messages
294
Reaction score
141
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there
I have been doing a bunch of research and am having trouble shopping for a skimmer.

What I have:
40b tank with a 20L sump
I have several fish and corals.

I am looking for pump longevity, easy cleaning, and a skimmer I can use if I decide to upgrade tanks in the future. Footprint doesn't matter as I can customize my sump to accommodate.

I know this is very subjective, but would love to hear your opinions on where you would go with this.

Happy reeking and thanks for your time!
 
I run 2 SCA-301's on each of my 20L sumps. Rated for up toba 65 gallon and only cost $100 nee. I bought both of mine used, one was $50 shipped and the other $70. They are BubbleMag knock offs and are amazing! Cant recomend they enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new