Best system

Georgie1361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The information about reefkeeping is information overload. I am trying to decide what of the various dosing systems to use. Red Sea , Triton , Aquaforest , or zeovit . Just starting in the hobby and would like to begin by setting up my 525xl redsea reefer on the right . HELPpath

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow the DSR method myself. It is not that different than the methods you listed except Ziovit. At least based on what I know about them all. Triton you rely on sending in water samples to determine what to dose. The RedSea is the simplist and you dose other elements based on how much Ca you dose. That is coming to get you close, but you don’t really know where you stand without testing for more elements. A common saying is do not dose anything you can not test for. I test for several more elements and dose based on testing for each. It does not take long to figure our your dosing requirements if you keep track of everything. You can get your tank set up and running while doing more research on what is best for you. You should not need to dose anything while cycling or even for a few months depending on how quickly you add corals and what you add. I think a lot of new hobbiest get in trouble early on because they start dosing with out understanding the relationship between things and the basic chemistry behind PH, alkalinity, Ca, Magnesium first. ALKalinity is the most critical to your systems health. Read Randy’s articles in the stickies in this forum. Once you understand the basics and are able to keep them stable, you can add in dosing of other elements. Stability is the key to success with a reef aquarium.
A lot depends on your goals and what you plan to have in your tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Georgie1361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The information about reefkeeping is information overload. I am trying to decide what of the various dosing systems to use. Red Sea , Triton , Aquaforest , or zeovit . Just starting in the hobby and would like to begin by setting up my 525xl redsea reefer on the right . HELPpath
Thanks for your help

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Georgie , I know what You mean by info over load ! Seeing how Your just starting out, I'd check it all out & choose which sounds best for You . like convenience ,expense etc . If it doesn't work , Try another !

OP
OP
G

Georgie1361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Georgie , I know what You mean by info over load ! Seeing how Your just starting out, I'd check it all out & choose which sounds best for You . like convenience ,expense etc . If it doesn't work , Try another !
Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back