Best t5 bulbs for grow out...

VanGogh121

Melba Toast
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
247
Reaction score
1
Location
Raleigh NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have a 24"x18"x10 grow out tank plumed in line to my display... It is lit by a 24" tek fixture I purchased used... If I put frags in this tank it experiences a loss in color. I am assuming it is because of the bulbs. So here is the question. What 4 24" bulbs would you put in this fixture for the best color?
Growth?
Both?

This will hold mostly SPS...
 
My fixture is a 36" and I will be switching to URI bulbs, 1-12k (50/50), 1-14k, and 2-super actinic 420nm. We'll see. Current is 2-10k and 2-blue plus. I don't like it at all and the corals lose color compared to the main tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new