Best t5 lighting out there

Really appreciate feed back thanks guys. Was surprised no one had the new giesman but going with ati thanks again
 
Custom retro fit is the best way of going if you want waterproof endcaps and refectors in the same enclosure. Plus one coralVue electronic ballast per par of light so you can ramp up and down your lights,which now gives you the abity to chooose what type of lights to come on/off and when.
 
Really appreciate feed back thanks guys. Was surprised no one had the new giesman but going with ati thanks again
I didn't mention geisman lighting (german) because they are pricey.( #1) URL would be a #2 choice. I have used URL T12's for over 15 years. Yes I still am using them on a 45g sw fish only with rock tank.
 
So, I've been giving this more thought. If I install two 80W T5HO fixtures, what should the bulb choice be? I'm currently running 3 Kessil A360WEs, and I want to supplement.
 
If you have the cash I would dump the AI'S and buy a ati fixture and one or two reefbrite strips.to me thats the best of both worlds and they fit together so well.
 
If you have the cash I would dump the AI'S and buy a ati fixture and one or two reefbrite strips.to me thats the best of both worlds and they fit together so well.
Think that's what I'm going do
 
Another question is if the fixture is where u need to spend the money at? are there big difference with the brands of fixtures or is it all in the bulbs?
 
So I run ATI w/AI. In my experience, the ATI fixture makes very efficient use of real estate. I could only put in 4 bulbs with retro kits whereas I was able to put in a 6 x 60" using the ATI. I have the 6 x 60 in the middle and AI Hydras on both sides.
 
whoops. 20 gal high with sps and lps
I'm not completely sure you were responding to me, but I'm trying to supplement my three Kessils with some T5s. I have a 125 gallon tank, so that would add 160 watts to the 270 watts of Kessil LEDs I already have.
 
So I run ATI w/AI. In my experience, the ATI fixture makes very efficient use of real estate. I could only put in 4 bulbs with retro kits whereas I was able to put in a 6 x 60" using the ATI. I have the 6 x 60 in the middle and AI Hydras on both sides.
That's sweet love to see pics
 
Before.

IMG_20150322_163249.jpg


After.


IMG_20151218_155425.jpg


Tank is 36" tall.
 
I'm not completely sure you were responding to me, but I'm trying to supplement my three Kessils with some T5s. I have a 125 gallon tank, so that would add 160 watts to the 270 watts of Kessil LEDs I already have.
Just saying I use the bulbs you were thinking of getting and they do great.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new